Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Beginners Spanish 2-On Weekends
Duration: June 1st to June 29th
Saturdays: 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
5 sessions of 2 hours
Students’ Age: Adults (18+)
All class material included.
Students are encouraged to converse in Spanish at least 60 % of the time. In every lesson, students keep learning new expressions as they review in conversation previously learned material. The instructor would guide the conversation and help with structure by using context and repetition with topics described below in content. Some grammar will be explained in English. Reviewing basic grammar topics will be in Spanish. Students will use sentences in context to understand their meanings. The instructor will start using more Spanish at this level: 60% Spanish/ 40% English
- Review of level 1: “me gusta” and intro to verbs with a similar construction: e.g. “me encanta”, “me molesta”, “me fascina”, “me interesa”, etc.
- Days of the week and months
- Review of concept of verbs, nouns, adverb and adjectives.
- Basic Differences: SER & ESTAR (conversational exercises to practice their uses)
- Quick review of numbers 1 to 100 and time.
- Intro to numbers from 100 to 1000.
- Quick review of Basic Math Operations.
- Quick review of vocab: house & family.
- Conjugations and conversational review of 3 verb groups in Spanish: “ar, “er” & “ir”.
- Uses of present tense in conversational exercises.
- Concept and differences of IRREGULAR VS. REGULAR verbs in Spanish.
- Irregular verbs in present tense
- Intro and conjugations of verb: IR.
- Uses of preposition “a” to express direction and for formula of immediate future.
- The only two mandatory contractions in Spanish: “del” & “al”
- Use of verb “IR” to express direction: Conversational and written exercises.
- IMMEDIATE FUTURE: “IR + A + INFINITIVE”
- Conversational exercises and dialogs using regular verb conjugations.
- Intro to I-go Verbs.
- Basic uses of “tener” & “venir”
- Vocab of weather/clothes and uses with “ponerse”, “llevar”, “vestir”, “traer”
- Compare conjugations of “estar”, “dar” “ir”
- Usos de “salir” y “valer”
- Using present tense to express PAST TENSE.
- Review of levels 1 & 2.
Group Class Size Policy:
- Minimum 3 students per group class to have the full 10 hours program.
- If 2 students, same fee BUT meeting 5 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- If 1 student, same fee BUT meeting 5 sessions of 1 hour.