Advanced Spanish 4
Dates: August 16th – September 8th
Time: Sundays 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Duration: 5 sessions of two hours
Ages: Adults (18+)
All class materials are included
Note: Due to the current situation: Covid-19, the beginning of this class will be held online. If the situation normalizes, we can eventually switch to in-person lessons.
Note: This is a hybrid class. Students may attend in person or online.
- Uses of the verb DEJAR
- Review: uses of Present and Imperfect Subjunctive
- Use of Conditional Structures in readings and discussion of new vocabulary
- Mastering por & para in context and conversation
- Comparing Imperfect vs. Present Perfect Subjunctive
- Use of Subjunctive for concessive and modal sentences
- Review of Future Tenses, Simple and Compound: Futuro Perfecto
- Interrogative Pronouns
- Review of and conversation using basic vocabulary from previous programs
- Intro to Pluscuamperfect of Subjunctive
- Conditional Structures Condition Types I and II
- Full review of verb conjugations and uses in conversation: student life and hobbies
- Conversation reviewing formal and informal commands
- The Imperative mood: review of informal commands and review of formal commands and pronouns (reflexives and direct/indirect object pronouns)
- Conversation games and exercises
- Use of indefinite nouns & adjectives: algunos, alguien, algunas, alguna, etc.
- Discussing articles regarding current news
- Discussing differences between “Castilian” & “Spanish”
Class size policy
- 3 students (minimum for group class) full 10-hour program: 5 classes of 2 hours each
- 2 students: same fee, 5 classes of 1.5 hours each
- 1 student: same fee, 5 classes of 1 hour each