Beginners Spanish 1 Weekdays – Online
Dates: October 12th to November 23rd
Mondays – 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (U.S. Pacific Standard Time)
Duration: 7 sessions of 1.5 hours
Age: Adults (18+)
All class material included.
Hybrid Lessons: Students can meet online or in-person. Due to the current situation: Covid-19, the beginning of this class is set up to be held online. If the situation normalizes before the beginning of this program, students will have the option to take the class online or in-person.
In the first two lessons, students will spend the first hour in very basic conversation to introduce themselves in Spanish. Students work in pairs. In each lesson, students will learn new expressions as they review previously learned material in conversation. Some grammar will be explained in English. Students will use sentences in context to understand their meanings. The instructor will start using a little more Spanish during the last two lessons.
- Basic greetings: Saludos
- Introducing yourself: Basic questions to talk about your name, origin, work, nationality, residence, languages, and countries.
- ABC and quick intro to Spanish phonetics.
- Vowels and consonants: differences in English and Spanish.
- Numbers from 1 to 10
- Use of articles: Gender and number in Spanish
- Intro to concept of verbs and nouns
- Numbers from 10 to 20
- Using me gusta with verbs and nouns
- Numbers from 20 to 100 & basic Math Operations.
- Periods of Time and Day: La mañana, la tarde, la noche, ¿Qué hora es?
- Intro and Conjugations of SER & ESTAR.
- Basic Vocab: classroom, house and some family members
- Intro to three Spanish verbs groups: -AR/-ER/-IR.
Group Class Size Policy:
- Three students minimum per group are required to have the full 10.5-hour program
- Two students or less, same fee, 7 sessions of 1 hour.