Intermediate Spanish 1 – Online
Dates: May 26th to July 7th
Time: Tuesdays 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Duration: 7 sessions of 1.5 hours
Age: Adults (18+)
All class materials included.
Note: Due to the current situation: Covid-19, the beginning of this class will be held online. If the situation normalizes, we can eventually switch to in-person lessons.
Intermediate classes at KDF are conducted almost completely in Spanish. Instruction will be given in Spanish, and students will converse primarily in Spanish.
- Comparing and conversing with more regular/irregular verbs in Present/Past Tense
- Uses of DAR and DECIR with Direct Object Pronouns (POD), Indirect Object Pronouns (POI), and Double Pronouns.
- Past Tense: Distinguishing Imperfect and Preterit.
- Past Tense: Review of Irregular Preterit
- Stem change Preterit conjugations.
- Imperfect conjugations: Verbs ending in -ER and -IR
- Irregular verbs in the Imperfect: SER/IR/VER.
- Reflexive verbs in the Past Tense: Preterit PONERSE using vocab for clothes and weather.
- Reflexive verbs to express reciprocal actions and the passive voice.
- Basic uses of Imperfect Past Tense: habits and continuous actions.
- Vocabulary: transportation and vacations
- Theory review: Direct and Indirect object pronouns.
- Review of Present Tense conjugation and pronouns.
- Imperfect: expressing general/timeless actions vs. Preterit: expressing specific/limited actions.
- Review of Phrasal verbs: acabar de to express recent past used with Preterit/Imperfect.
- Vocabulary: danzas y trajes típicos.
- Compare the use of Preterit and Imperfect to talk about the weekend, and the past summer, and converse about favorite books and/or movies.
- Simple Verbs vs. Compound Verbs.
Group Class Size Policy:
- Three students minimum per group are required to have the full 10.5-hour program
- Two students or less, the same fee, 7 sessions of 1 hour.