Beginners Spanish 5 Weekends – Online
Dates: October 16th – December 4th
Time: Fridays 7:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Duration: 7 sessions of 1.5 hours
Age: Adults (18+)
All class material included.
Break: Nov. 27th
Hybrid Lessons: Students can meet online or in-person. Due to the current situation: Covid-19, the beginning of this class is set up to be held online. If the situation normalizes before the beginning of this program, students will have the option to take the class online or in-person.
- More irregular and reflexive verbs in the Present and Past tenses
- Review of uses of direct object pronouns (POD)
- Intro and uses of indirect object pronouns (POI)
- Intro to uses of Double Pronouns
- Continuation of reflexive verbs: PONERSE, VESTIRSE, PEINARSE, LEVANTARSE, ACOSTARSE, etc.
- Uses of PONER, OIR, & DECIR
- Vocab: hospital, food, and festivals
- Review of clima
- Review of HACER and uses of DESHACER
- More “Yo-Go” verbs
- Review of uses of SALIR and VALER
- Uses of PODER and PEDIR.
- Compare uses of TRAER, LLEVAR, and CAER
- Compare uses of VENIR and LLEGAR
- Vocab: places, entertainment, music, etc.
- Use of direct and indirect object pronouns (POD and POI)
- Review of Present Tense conjugation and pronouns
- Conditional Structures: Condition Type I
- Transitive versus Intransitive verbs
- Review of type of pronouns
- Concept of object, subject, and verbs
- Review & intro to Past Tense: Imperfect versus Preterit
- Past Tense: Preterit Regular– Conjugation of verbs ending in –ER & -IR
- Exercises using three groups: regular Preterit conjugations.
- Conjugations of Imperfect Tense: verbs ending in –AR
- Uses of the superlative
- A brief intro to Recent Past Tense
- A basic comparison of Preterit and Imperfect
Group Class Size Policy:
- Three students minimum per group are required to have the full 10-hour program
- Two students, the same fee, 5 sessions of 1.5 hours.
- One student, the same fee, 5 sessions of 1 hour.