Beginners Spanish 2 Weekdays – Online
Dates: August 20th to October 1st
Time: Thursdays 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Duration: 7 sessions of 1.5 hours
Age: Adults (18+)
All class materials included.
Hybrid Lessons: Students can meet online or in-person. Due to the current situation: Covid-19, the beginning of this class is set up to be held online. If the situation normalizes before the beginning of this program, students will have the option to take the class online or in-person.
In the Beginner level two course, students are encouraged to converse in Spanish at least 60% of the time. In each lesson, students will learn new expressions as they review previously learned material through conversation. The instructor will guide the conversation and help with the structure using context and repetition on the weekly topic (described below in content.) Some grammar will be explained in English. Basic grammar topics will be reviewed in Spanish. Students will use sentences in context to understand their meanings. The instructor will start using more Spanish at this level: 60% Spanish/ 40% English
- Review of level 1: me gusta and intro to verbs with a similar construction: e.g. me encanta, me molesta, me fascina, me interesa, etc.
- Days of the week and months
- Review of concept of verbs, nouns, adverbs and adjectives.
- Basic Differences: SER & ESTAR (with conversational exercises to practice their uses)
- Quick review of numbers 1 to 100 and time.
- Intro to numbers from 100 to 1000.
- Quick review of basic Math Operations.
- Quick review of vocabulary: house & family.
- Conjugations and conversational review of 3 verb groups in Spanish: -AR, -ER, & -ER.
- Uses of Present Tense in conversational exercises.
- Concept and differences of regular vs. irregular verbs in Spanish.
- Irregular verbs in present tense.
- Intro and conjugations of verb IR.
- Uses of preposition a to express direction and for formula of immediate future.
- The only two mandatory contractions in Spanish: del & al
- Use of verb IR to express direction: Conversational and written exercises.
- Immediate Future Tense: IR + a + infinitive
- Conversational exercises and dialogs using regular verb conjugations.
- Intro to “I go” verbs.
- Basic uses of TENER & VENIR.
- Vocab of weather/clothes and uses with PONERSE, LLEVAR, VESTIR, TRAER.
- Compare conjugations of ESTAR, DAR, IR.
- Uses of SALIR & VENIR
- Using Present Tense to express Past Tense.
- Review of levels 1 & 2.
Group Class Size Policy:
- Three students minimum per group are required to have the full 10.5-hour program
- Two students or less, same fee but 7 sessions of 1 hour.